Sign in to follow this  
SupremeLeaderMickie

Getting an Alienware for the first time!

Hey guys!

I'm about to buy a new laptop. I think I'm going to get the Alienware 17" R3 laptop. It comes with 16GB of Ram, 1TB Hard drive, 128GB SSD and 3GB GTX 970M GPU. 

Do you guys think I should go through with it? Is that laptop worth $1600? Any suggestions?

I've always wanted an Alienware. It looks smexy! 

If anyone owned an Alienware before tell me if its worth getting and if it actually stay with me for over 3-4 years.

laptop-alienware-17-polaris-09.jpg

laptop-alienware-17-polaris-05.jpglaptop-alienware-17-polaris-08.jpg

If you live in a country where their support is good it's 100% worth it. My brother had an Alienware with a broken screen, he didn't have the $$ to fix it so he started up a game and covered his Alienware with blankets then called support pretending to be an idiot with no computer experience saying that the computer turned off while he was playing.

They replaced his laptop with a new similar model Alienware. 

But from my own experience I'd say it's not worth it, it's not as sturdy as people say it is. I had that small Alienware(I think it was x14), it was good for a year but then the hinges started cracking which made me sell it before it got worse. After that I got an x17 which I sold in few months, shortly after selling it I got complaints that the processor was faulty.. Lost a lot of money that day :l

hmm

If you want a laptop that's OP and cheap go and search in msi :p u might find a better thing there with less price :p

for me just dreaming with the MSI GT80 GTX980 ti SLI  nya 

but yea its 2x the price u settled xD 

good luck finding a laptop that suits ya :3 

On January 19, 2016 at 11:19:20 PM, Achtelnote said:

If you live in a country where their support is good it's 100% worth it. My brother had an Alienware with a broken screen, he didn't have the $$ to fix it so he started up a game and covered his Alienware with blankets then called support pretending to be an idiot with no computer experience saying that the computer turned off while he was playing.

They replaced his laptop with a new similar model Alienware. 

But from my own experience I'd say it's not worth it, it's not as sturdy as people say it is. I had that small Alienware(I think it was x14), it was good for a year but then the hinges started cracking which made me sell it before it got worse. After that I got an x17 which I sold in few months, shortly after selling it I got complaints that the processor was faulty.. Lost a lot of money that day :l

On January 21, 2016 at 11:10:33 AM, DonMeow said:

hmm

If you want a laptop that's OP and cheap go and search in msi :p u might find a better thing there with less price :p

for me just dreaming with the MSI GT80 GTX980 ti SLI  nya 

but yea its 2x the price u settled xD 

good luck finding a laptop that suits ya :3 

On January 21, 2016 at 11:50:08 AM, Achtelnote said:

"Cheap and good" defines Lenovo Y series.

I've been looking at all the laptops and to be honest they're all the same price with similar specs. The Alienware is had the best specs for a better price than most laptops I saw. I've never used MSI, I've heard a lot of the heating problems it has. Also, Lenovo has a bad reputation. I was going to get an Asus but its $200 more expensive and the VGA wasn't even a GTX 970M it was a GTX 960M.

I ordered the same Alienware but without an SSD for $1,450. I don't think having a 128GB SSD that makes the laptop about $200 more expensive worth it. I can add another SSD later on if I feel the need. I hope it doesn't fall apart... Lol. I got good covarage and I got the one year accidental warranty incase I drop it or spill any drinks on the laptop or some shit. Haha. 

Thanks guys! :3

I'll post some pictures and tell you guys how it preforms when I get it in the next 10 days. :crying2onion2:

Grats and Have fun with it nya :3

btw for msi heat thing i got a gt70 old one from gtx770m times :p and there is no heating issue only if u want to go to high performance on such a heavy laptop then there is there fan button which it turns the laptop into frozen age and change teh atmosphere of your room cause of the sound thats coming from the fan xD but overall its still living :c but i want a GT80 T_T sli ti :ccc meoooow