Sign in to follow this  
xenotek159

HARDWARE HELP PLZ

I'm looking to upgrade my computer. I have been having trouble with my CPU and trying to upgrade it. 
Specs: GeForce 960

CPU: AMD Athlon x4 860k

Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35

The socket type for this motherboard seems to have heavily restricted me on what i was able to get for upgrading. I want to go to intel i5 to i7 if i can. Im not too sure if i would need to completely replace the motherboard, if so, what are good options that wont limit me upgrading more in the future? Thank you :)

On 7/25/2017 at 5:19 AM, xenotek159 said:

I'm looking to upgrade my computer. I have been having trouble with my CPU and trying to upgrade it. 
Specs: GeForce 960

CPU: AMD Athlon x4 860k

Motherboard: MSI A78M-E35

The socket type for this motherboard seems to have heavily restricted me on what i was able to get for upgrading. I want to go to intel i5 to i7 if i can. Im not too sure if i would need to completely replace the motherboard, if so, what are good options that wont limit me upgrading more in the future? Thank you :)

what kind of trouble are you facing with your CPU?

BUT

With out looking at the info of your motherboard I read your CPU type is AMD and you want to go for intel CPUs then you have to change your motherboard to get an i5 or i7 CPU.

Why don't you first try changing your GPU to GTX 1060 it will increase your FPS in games even though your CPU might bottleneck i then you can change your motherboard + CPU.

Getting a new Mothetboard + CPU from intel will give you a long future and you only have to upgrade the GPU in the future:mariopeace:

@FreakOrama didn't upgrade his CPU from 2012 I think :AngelFlonne: